Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Social Media Overload

I'm fascinated by the Social Media world.

I know that it is evolving and the speed in which it develops is beyond my comprehension. I've attended three social media workshops in the past four weeks.

One was presented by a couple of local businessmen who own their own companies and are paid to advise clients on how to use social media as a part of their online marketing strategy. It focused primarily on how to enhance Search Engine Optimization.

The second presentation that I heard was an overview of social media and how Volunteer Coordinators can use it to recruit, connect, retain, and recognize volunteers. I'll confess that I'm already using our company Facebook page to accomplish these objectives.

The most recent seminar that I attended was six hours of social media platforms, strategy, content, evaluations and controls. One of my co-workers said to me, "This could be a full-time job!" Indeed, it could. And now we have one more team member who has joined the social media parade.

It's time to develop policies and make a case for improved SEO. What I find particularly interesting is that some people aren't aware that I am an administrator on two different Facebook accounts. I'm also managing my own Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Blogger, and Google+ accounts. Is it time to stop the insanity yet? The challenge, should I choose to accept it, is in regards to content~Keep it fresh over a span of five social networks where friends, followers, connections, and circles collide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is encouraged and appreciated.