Thursday, February 2, 2012

Leads--What do you do with them?

I've had the distinct opportunity to particpate in Leadership Spokane this year. I've met over 40 professionals in the city of Spokane who specialize in a vairety of professions. Total, I have procured three different leads as of 2/2/12.

The first was through Cindy Thompson who works at the Spokane Regional Health District. She had given me the name of an office who had physicians who specialized in sleep disorders. I was hoping to connect those physicians with our Wellness Director for a special lecture for the residents.

The second lead that I got was from Joe Williams of Lydig Construction. On Regional Economy day we toured the McKinstry office which was formerly the cable car garage. (The city used to repair the old cable cars there). Joe gave me the name and e-mail address of the woman who worked for McKinstry and who had given us a tour of their newly remodeled building. I thought that it could be a mystery trip of sorts for the residents.

The third lead came from Jeff Herbster of Winston & Cashatt Lawyers. He referred me to two of his partners who specialize in employment law. They will be speaking at a Spring Workshop for DOVIA (Directors Of Volunteers In Agencies) in May.

In case there is any question of how Leadership Spokane provides an ongoing networking outlet, here is proof in the pudding. Furthermore, it is only February. I've listened to lots of speakers who have presented at our special "topic" days and have learned far more about how our community works. I'm looking forward to hearing Mayor Condon's State of the City Address next week. It will be interesting to hear what his perspective is and how swiftly the change may come about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is encouraged and appreciated.